The Point of Vanishing & Other Dreams

Blog


In my blog, I explore the themes that weave through my stories and dreams:

the need to belong, and the fear of loss; the longing for family and home and love; loneliness and the extraordinary power of the human spirit; depression - and hope; the clarifying presence of the natural world, and ways of being awake and alive in the only moment we really have: this one.

I hope you'll follow me beyond the storytelling, and join me on this very human journey....




MoonsilverTales

"Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." ~Oscar Wilde

‘I dream my paintings and then I paint my dreams’. ~Vincent Van Gogh

The following little creations are taken from recent dreams, rough hewn and unpolished, mined directly from the unconscious. They are the raw material for future Wishing Tree tales, and they are very, very short .

Sunday 21 June 2015

Viruses (not the electronic sort): Poem


This was me, the last week:

'Viruses are my sister's children

who have come to stay at my place

for the weekend.

They try to get into the cupboards.

They draw with thick crayons

on the back of my throat.


They run up and down inside of my head

with small hands covered in marmite and jam

which take forever to get off the walls.

They bang pots and pans on the floor.

They wipe their feet on the centre of my tongue.

They cry loudly in the middle of the night.

Sometimes they swing

            on that dangly thing which hangs

                                    from the back of my mouth

                        until I cough.

I eat broken biscuits all week.

No wonder my nose runs.

'Viruses' by Glenn Colquhoun (NZ poet, and doctor)
(Photo courtesy of Neonnettle.com)



1 comment :

Unknown said...

While Im sorry to hear youre sick that did make me smile!
get better soon my friend